Friday 9 March 2012

Retro(ish) Pick-Ups: 3 Sonic the Hedgehog CD soundtracks.

On my way home from College today, I had a bit of spare money to spend and I had considered to go to that G-Force store, I had second thoughts at first, thinking I would be wasting too much time, then I finally decided; F*ck it! It's the weekend, I have 4 days off after this!

As I entered the store, I noticed they moved the CD soundtracks shelves to nearer the front and I instantly spotted a bunch of Sonic OST CDs there, and since I recently got back into Sonic the Hedgehog thanks to the awesome Sonic Generations, I instantly checked out what they had.

The albums were £10 each, which may seem like a lot, but these were Japan imports, if you're lucky enough to find one online, they'll probably be even more, and let's not forget shipping costs! So in my eyes, they weren't a bad price, so I decided to get a few, as I had quite a lot of money in my account.

I got Sonic the Hedgehog Vocal Traxx: Several Wills, True Blue: The Best of Sonic the Hedgehog and Multi Dimensional: Sonic Adventure 2 Official Sound Track.

I was also going to get NBA Showtime on the Dreamcast, as they had it on the shelves, I've been wanting to get this game for a while, it was a sequel I guess you could say of NBA Jam on the PS1, N64 and Dreamcast, considering it was from that era, it just had to be awesome! Unfortunately, they didn't have any copies left, that sucks.

They went away for a little bit, and they got new & sealed copies of the soundtracks, I wasn't expecting that, it was well worth the money now!

I looked the soundtracks up online, and they got for about £40-£70 each used, and I got all 3 new for £32, bargain of the century!!!

As I'm typing this article, I'm ripping the CDs to my PC while listening to the ones that have already been ripped, it's great, every Sonic Music I liked, at least when it came to vocal songs, are all on these CDs, not each, obviously, but I can now in sense legally listen to these songs, because I bought an official Soundtrack that had the songs on it.

You want photos? Tough! Just kidding, here you go:


So yeah, a great pick-up in my opinion, the only soundtrack to I want to get left is True Colors: The best of Sonic the Hedgehog part 2. I hope Ge-Force will have that soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment